All About Bethany Lutheran
Bethany Lutheran offers traditional and contemporary worship services. We have programs for all ages. Our programs include: Sunday School, food pantry, Parish Nurse ministry, Bible study, puppet ministry and community events. We also have music programs for all ages (choral, handbells, handchimes, instrumental). In addition, as part of our ministry outreach program we offer Christian based music and movement classes for children ages 6 months to age 7+, including a home school music class.
Our mission is to know Christ and to make Christ
The Bethany Lutheran Sunday School Association celebrates 135 years in 2021!
known through Word and Deed.
It was founded in 1886 by members of Trinity Lutheran Church, Reading.
The congregation was organized in 1897!
We will celebrate our 125th anniversary in 2022!
The building was constructed in 1923!
The Sunday School wing was added in 1963!
Food Pantry Ministry began in 1999!
Outreach Family Music Class Program started in 2002!
June 2021 COVID-19 Updates!
We are continuing to social distance and wear face masks.
Resuming Congregational Singing!
We are excited to resume some congregational singing with our worship services starting in July. This will be one step at a time as we work towards getting back to some kind of normalcy.
We need to continue showing our care and love for others as we continue to take proper precautions to keep everyone healthy. As long as things with COVID-19 continue to move in a positive direction, we plan to resume some congregational singing with the following precautions:
- Wearing face masks. Not everyone is fully vaccinated and children are not eligible for vaccinations yet. We are asking that everyone over age 2 to please continue wearing face masks, especially while singing.
- We ask everyone to please allow at least 2 pews between others to provide more space with singing and to continue sitting only with your household members. We understand that many of us have a favorite place we like to sit for worship services and we truly appreciate your understanding to allow more space between each other so that we can return to singing together safely.
- Sing while seated and wearing a face mask.
- We will have windows and doors open and the exhaust fan on for ventilation.
- We will sing one stanza of hymns and will include the hymns in the bulletins instead of using hymnals.
- We will continue shorter services. Offering plates will continue to be in the rear of the sanctuary.
- If you are sick or have been exposed to COVID-19 or have COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home.